You take a sip of coffee, dry your hair, and slap some makeup on your face. Things are going well, until you open your closet and stare, blank faced, uninspired at your wardrobe. About 10 mins of this makes you 20 mins late to work.
Don’t let this happen again. Here are a few questions to ask yourself Sunday so you can get off on the right foot come Monday.
- Have you done your laundry? This phenomena often happens to me when I (literally) have nothing to wear. If my hamper is full and I’m down to my last pair of tights, its time to take a trip to the laundromat.
- How can I wear that ______ in a new way? Finding a style uniform is smart, but sometimes the same thing day after day can get a little stale. Mix things up by wearing a cool pair of sneakers with trousers or a soft t-shirt over (or under) a sundress.
- Are there things that need mending/reconstructing? Your favorite trench is missing a button; that silk blouse busted a seam; and your old favorite pair of jeans have seen better days. Time to get to work! Find that button, sew that hole up, or add some patches to make your jeans feel brand new.
- What’s the weather like? Come July, I know it’s time to bust out the sweaters and pile on the light layers. Summer in the city usually involves cold, wet, misty mornings and sunny afternoons. Seasons vary from climate to climate, so do your research.
- When was the last time I cleaned my closet? Has it been a week? A month? Years? It might be time. If you need help and you happen to be in the Bay Area, I’d love to lend you a hand. For more information about my Closet Cleanse service, click here.
When things fall apart, you can still look like you got your shit together.
Here’s how to look like you have everything under control.
Match-y Match-y Not into the mono-chromatic, matching look? Me neither, but a little matching can go a long way. Matching one color in your ensemble, be it your lips with your shoes or you bag with your jacket, gives you some instant polish without looking like a crayon.
Go NudeSkin tone shoes, even with a print or embellishment, do wonders for your wardrobe. My nude, studded flats are my go-to nowadays. They add length to my legs, go with everything, and have an air of sophistication. Pro tip: If you’re going nude, find a pair close to your skin tone. Otherwise, your feet will stand out like a sore thumb.
Blue Collar There’s just something about a collared shirt. Even when layered under a laid-back t-shirt, a collar makes me feel more professional and confident in the work place. If your aim is to look like a boardroom bad-ass, throw on a shirt (or dress) with a proper collar.
After starting my Closet Clean-Out business, I’m ready to really kick things into gear and get my business off the ground. For the month of July, I’m going to offer this service at a very, very special price!
For a limited time, I’m offering this service for my flat rate of $75. Seventy. Five. Bucks. That’s it! Quite a steal, if you ask me.
Curious? Check out my services page for more info and for my contact information.
Can’t wait to get clean with you!